1M Snowmen Outside/Hallway Bulletin Board
Thank You Alex for the Reading Cushions:)
"1M In Fall..." Bulletin Board #2 in the hallway
1M's October Bulletin Board:)
Welcome to 1st Grade!
Welcome back students and parents! I hope you had a fantastic summer. I'm looking forward to the new school year. I am so excited to be your teacher this year! We've got a lot to learn in first grade. He are a few tips that will help your child be on top in 1st grade.
- Read Every Night--> It doesn't matter if it's 10 mins or 60 mins, just read! Read to your child, have them read to you, or let them read alone. Also let them see you read, too!
- Be Consistent--> It's very helpful to create a consistent after school routine. Ex: snack-study-play. We typically follow a routine everyday in our class so that students know what to expect which creates less stress on them.
- Work With Numbers--> Math is essential, just like reading. Let them see that math is a part of everyday life. For example, let your child help with the grocery shopping or figuring out the total at dinner.
- Play--> I know the importance of letting your child play everyday. It works on other important skills that your child needs.
- Talk To Me-->If you have any concern, let me know right away! It is important so we can come up with a solution quickly.
Other important information:
- Please send your child to school with a healthy snack each day.
- Milk can be purchased through the school.
- Special schedule(gym,art, ect) will be posted soon on our fusion page and I'll also send a paper schedule home as well.
- Dismissal is at 3pm.
- Please always send in a note for any changes that you may request.
- Please contact the office for your child calling out sick, home request, etc.
- "Back to School Night" is Thursday, Sept 15, can't wait:)
1ME Supply List
Please write your child's name on all supplies:) Additional supplies may be requested later in the school year. Thank you so much for your support:)
- 2 boxes of tissues for the class to share
- 1 a non-electrical pencil sharpener
- 1 box of 24/16 ct. crayons
- 1 box of sharpened #2 pencils
- 1 scissor
- 5 Glue sticks and/or Elmer's glue
- 5 wide-rule composition books(no spirals or loose leaf binders).
- 1 baby wipes/wet naps
- 1 disinfecting wipes
- 1 folder
ABCYAABCya is the leader in free educational computer games and mobile apps for kids. The innovation of a grade school teacher, ABCya is an award-winning destination for elementary students that offers hundreds of fun, engaging learning activities. Fry Instant PhrasesThe words in these phrases come from Dr. Edward Fryís Instant Word List (High
Frequency Words). According to Fry, the first 300 words in the list represent about 67%
of all the words students encounter in their reading.
Fun BrainSince 1997, kids, teachers, librarians, and parents have enthusiastically turned to Funbrain for its free educational games, online books, and comics. IXL Math
IXL is an immersive K-12 learning experience that provides comprehensive, standards-aligned content for math, language arts, science, and social studies
Math Game TimeMath Game Time is your destination for the best math games and homework help online. Our games are fun, educational and trustworthy. Storyline The SAG-AFTRA Foundationís childrenís literacy website, Storyline Online, streams imaginatively produced videos featuring celebrated actors including Kevin Costner, Rita Moreno, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Elijah Wood, Hector Elizondo, and Betty White reading childrenís books alongside creatively produced illustrations, helping to inspire a love of reading in children.