Welcome to 1st Grade!
Welcome back students and parents! I hope you had a fantastic summer. I'm looking forward to the new school year. I am so excited to be your teacher this year! We've got a lot to learn in first grade. He are a few tips that will help your child be on top in 1st grade.
- Read Every Night--> It doesn't matter if it's 10 mins or 60 mins, just read! Read to your child, have them read to you, or let them read alone. Also let them see you read, too!
- Be Consistent--> It's very helpful to create a consistent after school routine. Ex: snack-study-play. We typically follow a routine everyday in our class so that students know what to expect which creates less stress on them.
- Work With Numbers--> Math is essential, just like reading. Let them see that math is a part of everyday life. For example, let your child help with the grocery shopping or figuring out the total at dinner.
- Play--> I know the importance of letting your child play everyday. It works on other important skills that your child needs.
- Talk To Me-->If you have any concern, let me know right away! It is important so we can come up with a solution quickly.
Other important information:
- Please send your child to school with a healthy snack each day.
- Milk can be purchased through the school.
- Special schedule(gym,art, ect) will be posted soon on our fusion page and I'll also send a paper schedule home as well.
- Dismissal is at 3pm.
- Please always send in a note for any changes that you may request.
- Please contact the office for your child calling out sick, home request, etc.
- "Back to School Night" is Thursday, Sept 15, can't wait:)